Updated on March 10th, 2020
We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and so in accordance with this Act, we are compliant with its requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information. We also uphold your rights to privacy if you are based in the European Union, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU). Your rights under the GDPR are listed below. If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so. However, this may affect your use of this Site or any products and services offered on it.
What is your personal information?
What information may we collect from you?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer service. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes: to provide our services to you; to send communications requested by you; to answer inquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new services; to provide you with access to protected areas of our website; and to comply with any Law, rule, regulation, Lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority.
Security and data quality
As our website is linked to the Internet, and the Internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk. We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information that you submit to us through our website. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. We endeavor to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
If I am based in the EU, what are my legal rights under the GDPR?
If the General Data Protection Regulation applies to you because you are in the European Union, you have rights under data protection Laws in relation to your personal data:
1. The right to be informed – that’s an obligation on us to inform you how we use your personal data;
2. The right of access – that’s a right to make what’s known as a ‘data subject access request’ for copy of the personal data we hold about you;
3. The right to rectification – that’s a right to make us correct personal data about you that may be incomplete or inaccurate;
4. The right to erasure – that’s also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’ where in certain circumstances you can ask us to delete the personal data we have about you (unless there’s an overriding legal reason we need to keep it);
5. The right to restrict processing – that’s a right for you in certain circumstances to ask us to suspend processing personal data;
6. The right to data portability – that’s a right for you to ask us for a copy of your personal data in a common format (for example, a .csv file);
7. The right to object – that’s a right for you to object to us processing your personal data (for example, if you object to us processing your data for direct marketing); and
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – that’s a right you have for us to be transparent about any profiling we do, or any automated decision making.
These rights are subject to certain rules around when you can exercise them.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at email@example.com.